Are you working from home now? Fed up with sitting on the sofa while working on the laptop? Going to buy an office chair but don’t know what features to look for? Here are some ideas:
- A 5-star base will spread the load and move on the floor better than a 4-star base
- A hydraulically adjustable height strut. Obvious, really.
- Elbow rests that are height adjustable. T-shaped ones will allow you to get closer to the desk.
- A reasonably high back will allow you to lean back and have a rest once in a while
- The seat will need to be able to tilt forward 10 degrees or so. I’ll explain in the next video how to use this feature to position your chair best for your back
- A non-slip fabric. I have had contract office chair fabrics in the past, but my chair in its current reincarnation is upholstered with fake suede which is really lush. Leather? Noooo! We need to go vegan to save the planet!!